Tuesday 20 November 2012

Nu Teen Blackheads Away Gel Review




The Nu Teen Blackheads Away Gel is a new way to remove blackheads without having to squeeze them, ultimately preventing scaring.

I've been using this product for a while now and have recently repurchased it so I thought it was about time I reviewed it. (I don't think I have ever repurchased a particular skincare item in my life!)



Claims:

It is the best way to clear oil and pimples and removes blackheads painlessly and thoroughly.


What is a blackhead and how can it be removed?

During puberty, sebum glands are more active and secrete excessive facial oils resulting in oily and shiny layer on the face, leading to skin problems such as enlarged pores, blackheads and acne.

With excessive oil secretion, pores become clogged, causing the blockage of sebum production, resulting in the formation of an oil granule on the surface of the skin. This is known as whitehead at the initial stage.

As dead skin cells and dirt particles get trapped in the clogged pores, this will affect the metabolism of the skin, resulting in enlarged pores and rough skin. The surface of skin remains oily while the inner layers are stripped of moisture.

Overtime, the whiteheads will be oxidised by oxygen to become blackheads. If the blackheads are not removed in time, they will be infected by environmental bacteria, resulting in skin inflammation and acne.

Therefore, to prevent blackheads and acne, oil granules that are planted deeply within the pores must be removed.


How to use?

Making sure both hands and face are completely dry, dot some of the product on forehead, cheeks, chin, nose and neck. Massage for a minute and rinse off with water.

Gentle enough for every day use.




It removes the top layer of the skin so over time blackheads are reduced. The key ingredients are

-- Essence of Thanakha tree bark: to reduce pimples, tighten pores and controls oil, leaves a cool tingling feeling

-- Triclosan: regulates sebum production, keeps skin shine-free

-- Salicylic Acid: slows down accumulation of dead skin and oil granules that clog pores, removes existing whiteheads and blackheads.


Packaging

Simple, easy to use.


Pros and Cons


Pros:

- I found a significant reduction in oil and appearance of pores after the first few uses.
- Is it weird for me to say that it is fun to use :)
- Doesn't dry out my face
- Leaves my face feeling refreshed


Cons:

- I finished the tube pretty quickly, it took just over a month to finish it all.


Price/ Size:

30mL for S$6.90


Availability:

I found mine at Giant


I love this product, you guys should definitely try this if you're in the market for a gentle spot remover :)



Thanks for stopping by!
Becky


*Products were purchased with my own money. 
 All opinions expressed are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment