Thursday 4 April 2013

Etude House Sweet Recipe Collection ~ Dear My Jelly Lips Talk in JPK003

Hey guys!

I've recently brought some products from the Sweet Recipe Collection from Etude House and I'm going to be posting the swatches every other day. The collection came out late March here in Singapore, but I ordered mine online from a website called Kollectionk because their prices are cheaper than in store (so why not right?)



 Overview of Product
The product is described as being a "vibrant and shiny Jelly textured lipstick which supplies moist shine and sweet colours for long wear comfort".



There are a total of 8 colours to choose from in the collection:



I purchased mine in JPK003





The packaging is really simplistic, just a pearly tube with the coordinating colour to the lipstick around the base.

JPK003 is a subtle bright pink.





Left: 1 swipe       Right: 2-3 swipes
 The great thing about the formula is that you can totally build up the colour, like if you wanted it to be more opaque or more sheer depending on what you're looking for. That being said it is still opaque enough to cover your natural lip colour.

Bare Lips



I found the product to be very moisturising and creamy on the lips, it just glides on and feels like I'm wearing a lip balm.

The ingredients in the lipstick are Bilberry, Sugar Cane, Sugar Maple, Orange, Lemon and Xylitol.

When I read the ingredient list I was looking forward to the scent because I thought it was going to smell like citrus!

However it smells like cinnamon and cloves and old spice and it gives me a headache.....blurgh :S So I would suggest if you are very sensitive to scents, not to purchase this product.


It lasted a good 1-2 hours on my lips (nothing really ever lasts longer since I tend to lick my lips when I'm nervous ha ha!)

Apart from the scent I think these products would be great for spring and summer for just that added flush of colour on the lips and the glossiness without the heaviness that a lipstick or lip gloss can sometimes have.


This product retails for USD$8.90 (around S$12) for 3.4g (0.11 oz) of product on KollectionK and can also be found at your local Etude House outlet.




Thanks for stopping by!
Becky



* Let me know what is your go-to spring/summer lip product below*



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete